Today Instagram launched its new Stories feature and it has left social media obsessives like myself feeling both confused and divided.
I’ve compiled a list of pros and cons of this new Insta update and you’ll quickly see what side of the fence I’m on.
1. I got to see Taylor Swift’s cat.
2. I learned that Kate Hudson is like a real, normal person who hates the effort of washing her hair. (Same.)
Cons (and lots of them…):
1. I don’t like how Instagram literally ROBBED the idea of Snapchat stories. They didn’t even put their own spin on it – it’s literally the exact same. Not cool, guys.
2. I’ve found that InstaStories take longer to load / buffer than stories on Snapchat. It sort of freezes on people’s faces mid-vid for a couple of seconds before continuing.
3. It’s more difficult to find stories I’m interested in because they’re presented horizontally and in non-alphabetical order. Snapchat’s vertical and alphabetical list of friends makes it much easier to find your favourite stories to watch.
4. When I watch somebody’s InstaStory and it’s SUPPOSED to move on in chronological order – occasionally it reverts back to a few InstaSnaps previous which means I’ve to watch the whole story twice. Feckin twice!
So basically what I’m trying to say is Snapchat is where the party’s at and where the party should stay.